Wednesday, July 11, 2007

And then there was green...

I meant to post this a few days ago but haven't been motivated. We've finished painting the hallway... it is green. It looks good HOWEVER, I think it lacks light. Not sure what I am going to do about that.

I asked Paul if we could put recessed lighting in the ceiling over the stairs- he said something to the effect of, "AIN'T NO WAY WOMAN!!!" So then I racked my brain to come up with a lighting idea. (I realize on a practical level... it's well, impractical... HOWEVER, it will meet my lighting and decor needs when we are hosting etc. )


I want to get these square glass votive holders that afix to the wall so I can scatter them between the B&W pictures that we're putting above the hand rail over the steps. I'm checking at Pottery Barn today to see if I can buy them "in store" vs. having to order online. I hate waiting. :) They look so pretty. (How cheesy am I?)

Anyway, let me know any thoughts you have. I still have to make the woodwork white but it's been too humid recently and, well, we don't have air. :)


No comments: