I went to my Doctor two days ago. Despite the fact that I have to go monthly... I really NEEDED to go this time! I have been having terrible symptoms recently. Well, not recently... since I got off antibiotics in April of last year. (Excuse me while I kick myself real quick.)
When I stopped taking my antibiotics, I had two months of terrible joint pain followed by a month of cardiac issues. (Documented with a halter monitor: palpitations, skipping, racing, pounding heartbeats etc...) The fourth month off meds brought the neurological symptoms full force. Muscle twitches all over but consistently in my neck, muscle weakness... particularly in my neck, difficulty swallowing, internal vibrations, inability to sleep more than 3 hours a night, etc.
I went back on medicine shortly before Disney but have not found the antibiotics to be gaining ground against the current, less than comforting, symptoms.
When I saw the Dr. he said that
1. I need to go on IV antibiotics as well as additional oral antibiotics.
2. I need to go on a sleeping pill.
3. (Most unsettling) I need to go back to Neurology/ENT for throat, swallowing, muscle tests.
*Sidenote- it's NEVER good news when your Lyme doctor refers you to the Neurologist. NEVER.
In addition to the actual doctor appointment- I received a phone call from the Home Infusion company that my doctors' office works uses for the administration/sustaining of the IV. They explained that they are out of network according to my insurance company and therefore the cost of the 2 months of IV meds, oversight, home nursing care etc would be absorbed soley by us.
In contacting my insurance company...they said they are willing to cover 90% of the expense providing I stay "in network".
SO- here's where the PRAYER NEEDS come in...
1. Pray for favor. That the Lord would intervene and cause the Insurance company and my doctors office to work together on my behalf.
2. That the insurance company would cover all expenses, minus my 10%, without additional monthly prescription drug copays. (Including meds, shipment, home visits, case management costs etc.)
3. That the IV would cause the symptoms to CEASE!!! That my body would respond to the medications and that there wouldn't be any side effects to the placement and or maintenance of the IV itself. (Last time I did this I threw a bloodclot and had to go to the ER, have the IV removed, and a new line inserted the following day. )
4. That I would continue to find peace in serving God even in trial. That His will for my life in this very moment- that He alone- would be my focus and desire only. That I would continue to take captive all thoughts not of Him especially those rooted in fear and unbelief. And most importantly that He alone would be glorified.
I'm so grateful for all of you. And I know I will have a multitue of PRAISE REPORTS to share soon. God is so faithful. He is so, so, so faithful. May we all know the HEALER HIMSELF as we go before Him ... Prayer is indeed effective and I love knowing that I am seeking Him in your company.