Saturday, May 5, 2007

Happy Cinqo de Mayo... and my recent gripe...

I took Spanish in college so I know that today is significant. All I can remember however is that it was a reason for a little party. The true significance... no idea. I'll have to look that up. Not today however. I have to be at work soon. BUT, in reading today's news online I came across something that bothered me to no end.

Here's an excerpt... "If we continue to do what we are doing now, we are in deep trouble," said Ogunlade Davidson, co-chair of the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which produced the report. (See story here.)

Of course they are talking about the large committee that just assembled to create guidelines of change to assist in the saving of our world from GLOBAL WARMING. (Yeah, SURE!!)

It's rather annoying that it's not just a bunch of freaks out there sharing their insane beliefs that global warming exists... now I come to find it's a GOVERNMENT AGENCY... an INTERGOVERNMENTAL PANEL with the sole purpose of changing the climate of the world.

UGH.

I'm fairly certain GOD has the climate under control. He has clearly said in His word that He would never destroy the land, or the people that inhabit it as once allowed with the flood. Clearly man does not need to intervene in something that God has clearly defined as His territory. (Although, isn't that the nature of man... to intervene where he shouldn't.)

How foolish we all look when we jump on the Global Warming wagon. History alone verifies our stupidity. In January of 1974 Time Magazine had a cover story called, "ANOTHER ICE AGE?"

It's sole purpose for print was to warn man that we were in the midst of a GLOBAL COOLING... one in which the "experts" could see no future reversal in weather patterns.

WHAT?

Is it too much to understand that weather patterns are not well... PATTERNED. They fluctuate. Seasonally we find ourselves, HOT... or, um... COLD. We go up in temps... and down. Sometimes, like this spring in Western PA, we are moderate. My favorite.

In my opinion people should just quiet down and CONSERVE. Not to save the world and/or stop global warming... but because we are called to be good stewards of our possessions of and of all things in our circles of influence.

No comments: