Saturday, November 3, 2007

My Life Verse...

Do you have one? I remember reading in Beth Moore's book, Believing God, that she wasn't big on life verses but if she had to pick one it would be, "Repent, lest ye die." (to which she added...After my past history of sin, God and I have an agreement. If any fruit comes from my life, I give Him all the glory, and He lets me live.)

Hilarious? Yes!! But it started me thinking... do I have a life verse? Or at least a seasonal verse? Something in my heart that points me to Him, brings purpose and direction, a goal if you will! I started praying for one a few months ago. That God would clearly give me something to hold to specifically, be it seasonal or well, a "life verse"... all I know is right now- this verse is my heart's cry.


May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Thessalonians 5:23 (NIV)

23Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Thessalonians 5:23 (New American Standard Bible)


I put both translations here because each offers a unique perpective of the verse. Additional clarity if you will. I love that the NASB uses the words entirely and complete. I want nothing more than to be made holy by Him, for Him, and unto Him. And this verse, kept on my tongue and in my heart, reminds me often of that desire.

I hope you have a life verse. Or a seasonal verse. However you choose to look at it... I hope you find yourself clinging to something of the Lord often. And the Word is a great thing to cling to. After all.. it is indeed living and active. (Hebrews 4:12)

No comments: