Saturday, November 3, 2007

Thought Provoking...part 2

Frustrated.... how I feel at the moment. Frustrated. I woke up at 6am this morning thinking on this topic. Actually, I'm not sure I stopped thinking of it since posting last night.

This morning I did a google search to see what kind of direction is out there for those that accept Christ and want to know what to do next... this is what I found (in order- first listed etc).

*http://www.revempete.us/discipleship/

*http://www.bethlehemonline.org/templates/System/details.asp?id=39221&PID=457496

*http://www.fbcark.org/accepting__christ.htm

*http://www.angelslight.org/romanroad.html

*http://www.needhim.org/a/7-adult.shtml

I could go on but well, I don't want to. Because it's only exaggerating my level of frustration. We live in a society that is technological. Everything is accessable. For Pete's sake (or I could make fun of my SIL here and say, For Lisa's sake) it is now possible to shop ONLINE for groceries and have them delivered to your door. We really don't have to leave our homes if we don't want to. And for some- that means that the only information they have for accepting Jesus/advancing in their walks with the Lord has to be accessable from the home.

So- to find these links and see that they offer no post salvation plan other than "read your bible and spend time with God" is well, frustrating. Take the last link for example- it talks more about communication with others than it talks about what you should read in the Word and or how you should communicate with God.

I realize it seems I am harping on this topic but doesn't it warrant conversation? If you take the time to visit those links you'll see how much information is UNAVAILABLE to the person seeking a post salvation plan. And what is most disconcerting to me is that if someone came to me and asked me what they should do I don't know that I would have any better a plan for them. But I know that this is where it seems we lose people. It's where I was most definitely lost in my walk with the Lord.

It's not easy to put into words what I do on a daily basis as I spend time with the Lord. I love to read the Word, study scripture memory cards, journal, and pray... but telling someone who newly accepted Christ, or someone that has known Him but sits stagnant in Him because they don't know what to DO to change that... is a bit harder for me. WHY?? It shouldn't be this difficult. There should be a plan articulated somewhere.

I'm really going to think on this because I think this is the heart of the matter. This is where relationships are made or broken... where authenticity is found... where intimacy is created. This is where maturity happens. And I want that... I want that to be accessable to everyone in Him.

No comments: