Monday, January 14, 2008

IV update...

We've had a few days of logistical issues. (I would call it stress but the peace of God has really prevailed throughout this entire process.)

I went from a state of "out of network/ 0% benefit coverage" regarding the home infusion/IV therapy company.... to being minimally covered providing the company is in network and we pay the initial $2,000 dollars (ouch!)... to being completely DENIED a midline because I threw a bloodclot with my last midline and the current home infusion team thought it irresponsible to risk another blod clot with one of the two remaining, "Good veins" I have left. (And the drum roll please... )

From no coverage, to minimal coverage, to NO IV, to....

An appointment for 10am Wednesday morning at a hospital close to my Dr's office (2.5 hours away) for the placement of the PICC line (a central line for IV antibiotics located in my bicep) and then a 1:00pm appointment at my Dr's office for my first dose of IV Rocephin. :0)

HOW AMAZING IS THE LORD? Not only is He aware of every need I have... He is at work to provide for me every step of the way.

At one point it looked grim that I would make this 1pm appointment for the IV on Wednesday. Insurance, logistics, blodclot, etc... so I called Paul at work and despite the fact that he NEVER has time to so much as answer a yes or no question... He stopped me mid sentence and just prayed. I don't remember much of his prayer but I know there was an instant peace AND I remember him thanking the Lord for His involvement in the details of our situation and for going before us in this.

Seconds after hanging up with Paul I received a phone call telling me to arrive at the hospital Wednesday morning- the PICC line was scheduled to be placed at 10am. PHEW!

God is amazing. AMAZING. I don't know what else to say but THANK YOU ALL FOR PRAYING. It is so powerful. And I am so grateful to serve Him with you.

Please continue to pray for me as I get this IV in 36 hours. Pray for Paul as he will spend the entire day with the children... (A day in the life of a SAHM) ... homeschooling, entertaining, involving, feeding, cleaning, providing... etc. And pray for the children as their schedules tend to be interrupted by the IV maintenance required over the next several weeks.

We love you all!!! Thanks again.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Great news, Chelle'. Pardon my ignorance...but what is the difference in terms of IV and PICC lines with regards to blood clots?

You'll be in my prayers..your strength really amazes me.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you...Love ya!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Chelle,

I know I should have waited for your thumbs up, but I put a prayer request for you on my blog last night.

Praying for you my friend, Joanne

Unknown said...

Hey Chelle,

Jared and I are praying! Can't wait to hear how the treatments are going. We pray for complete healing with you!

Love and hugs, Abby:-)

I am Heather...creator of all things crafty! said...

Hello, Can't remember how I got to your blog but I can relate to your PICC line. Had one for 2 months while in the hospital here in Dallas last year dealing with the ramifications of a botched weight loss surgery. I am a christian and share the same faith you have in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I will pray for your med's to be delivered without throwing a clot. I have massive experience with blood clots as well. As I experienced a pulmonary embolism last year and several other blood clots in various other places in my body. Stop on by my blog if you get a chance: http://www.ricetrio.blogspot.com

In HIS adventure,
Heather Rice