Alright moms that read this blog... a few questions for ya- and here are the rules... this is only to find out how responsibilities tend to be divied up in the home. In order to keep it fair... and to compare apples to apples... announce the status of your family before answering the questions. (If any of you want to answer anonymously... have at it... although... do any of our spouses actually READ these things called blogs?)
1. How many parents work?
2. Children's ages.
3. Education of children? (Homeschooled or Public/Private School)
Then answer the questions...
1. Who vacuums?
2. Who cooks?
3. Who dusts?
4. Who bathes the children? (Wouldn't it have been funny if I kept with the theme of 2 words and just asked Who bathes?)
5. Who brushes their teeth?
6. Who reads bedtime stories?
7. Who tucks the children in to bed?
8. Who educates (homeschool) or assists with homework?
9. Who grocery shops?
10. Who retail shops?
11. Who takes the car for oil changes?
12. Who takes the car for inspections?
13. Who takes the car for body work/maintenance?
14. Who does minor home repairs?
15. Oops... almost forgot this one... Who does family laundry?
16. Who mops?
17. Who sweeps?
18. Who makes the bed? (OK, that's actually a joke... I assume NOONE actually makes their beds anymore.)
19. Who scrubs down the tub?
20. Who wipes down the windows?
21. Who drives the children to extra-curricular activities?
22. Who drives the children to mall, movies, etc?
23. Who packs lunches?
24.Who takes to bus stop/school?
25. Who gets children ready for day/school?
26. Number of hours a day you* have children?
27. Number of hours a day spouse* has children?
28. Number of hours a day neither have children?
29. Amount of time weekly you can be by yourself doing things you want to do?? (Ie- route canals, pap schmeres etc... Oops- did I say that out loud- those are the only two reasons I've ever been able to leave my house WITHOUT a child in tow.)
30. Number of times you stop to thank God daily for all these responsibilites that you know take it out of you but you also know you would NEVER want to be without!!!
*And by this I mean if everyone is home and one parent is taking care of the children (putting to bed etc) OR if one parent has children and you are at work... all time goes to parent WITH the children.
Woooooooooooooooo! I'm tired just asking the questions. I hope you all answer... I'm eager to know how things happen in other homes...