Thursday, February 7, 2008

THANKFUL THURSDAY!!



Who would I be if I didn't spend my first Thankful Thursday being thankful for... MY FAMILY. I know, I know... it's cheesy. But c'mon- this little family of mine is AMAZING.

And I am in love and grateful every single day for us as a whole and for each of them individually.

This is the most recent family picture we have going for us and as you can tell by my blog header and the pics on the side... this is over 2 years old. We should really do something about that. :0)

I am equally thankful for extended family. Though to be honest, I only have two pictures of extended family members on this laptop.

The first picture we have are of my sister in law and her precious family(on right). Seriously... if they aren't already, shouldn't they be marketed as the Hallmark poster family?

The second picture I have is of my husband's extended family on his mother's side. (Parents, Grandparents, Sisters, Brother in laws, niece (nephew not born yet) and even extended family pets)

I wish I had a few pictures of my family... mom, dad, sister, nieces and nephew. I will upload some and add them to this post as I cherish my family so much and want to be able to share them with you.

I am very thankful this Thursday for every single person in my family. Both immediate and extended. Though each comes with their own strengths and weaknesses (and yes, I admit to this being a "pot calling the kettle black" kind of statment and fully include myself in the "strength and WEAKNESS" category...) I still wouldn't trade any of them for the world.

(Which by the way, now that I "say" that... it makes no sense to me. What the heck is that statement about- I wouldn't trade it for the world??? Why would ANYONE trade ANYTHING for THE WORLD???? I'll have to rethink ever using that statement again. :0)

I really believe that one of God's greatest blessings beyond the gift of Himself to us... is the gift of one another.

As much as this scriptrue gets tossed around I have to tell you that my family has taught (and continues to teach) me what Paul meant when he wrote,

"I thank my God every time I remember you."





6 comments:

Rebekah said...

beautiful family

Beth Cotell said...

There's nothing cheesy about being thankful for your family!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Wonderful TT post! Family is to be treasured!

girlymom said...

You have a beautiful family and lots to be thankful for. Have a wonderful Thursday!

Mari said...

What a beautiful family - yours and your extended! Having a great family is really something to be thankful for!

Michele said...

Welcome to Thankful Thursday. Great post!