Friday, July 1, 2011

Haiti or Bust

I know I don't blog very much anymore. Sadly, we don't have a computer that enables me to access my blog so to post I have to highjack a friend's computer... Therefore, you'll understand that I only post when something is weighing heavily on my heart.

This is one of those things.

This September, I will join a team from www.theglobalorphanproject.org on a mission trip to Port-au-Prince, Haiti. We will travel to four orphanages throughout the week caring for, playing with and loving on the displaced orphans of Haiti.

I will be honest with you all. I've never been on a mission trip so this is unknown territory for me but I can't tell you how drawn to this trip I feel. From the moment my friend Lori mentioned this trip I knew I wanted to go. I submitted it to the Lord in prayer immediately and my hunger to serve these dear sweet orphans grew.

If you've read my blog ever before you are aware that I am not very good at asking for help. This trip has been no different. I did everything in my power to raise the funding myself. I sold U2 tickets I'd purchased for their concert here in July, I participated in a yard sale, and I put many a thing on Craigslist hoping not to have to send out a mission letter. To no avail.

I really believe part of this trip was my needing to ask for support. As though God wanted to make clear that I am not meant to do things on my own. And that this trip is for His glory and that He will provide!! But that He won't step in with provision until I relinquish my need, to not need.

I've sent out those letters. It took me a month. They aren't eloquent, or professional, but they share my heart. I want to extend my gift of encouragement to those in need in Haiti. To do that I'll need to raise approximately $1,500. If you are able to give out of your abundance to the work of the Lord... I know that the children of Haiti will not be the only ones blessed. God is faithful, this much I'm certain.

Please also know that whether you are able to give or not, I covet your prayers!! For this trip, for the team's safety, for our health, for the hearts we'll minister to while in Port-au-Prince and for the hearts we'll leave behind while we serve.

Praying my post finds each of you in the overwhelming presence of God. May He be your source for all things and to whom you give all glory.

Contributions can be made by check: either made out to Michelle Wargo or
The Global Orphan Project
(Michelle Wargo- in memo)
540 9th Street
Clairton, PA 15025

I will also post a PayPal button on the side of my blog if it is easier to give instantly.






Again, thanks for walking this journey out with me. I couldn't be more grateful.

No comments: