Saturday, September 17, 2011

Who Am I?

The other day I woke with a scripture on my heart. Psalm 4:8 What is mankind that you are mindful of him? Looked it up and asked Him, "Really God, who am I that you would think of me? Love me? " He took me to Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them. So humbled that he loved(loves) me enough to create me in His image, and to think of and be mindful of me. To Matthew 6:26 He led. Look at the birds of the air, they do not sow or reap, or store away in the barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Wow!!! Well, God, to you I AM more valuable than the birds of the air. Thank you for showing me how dearly you care for me and love me. (right about here I thought I was done... I was wrong) John 3:16 For God so loved Chellé (insert your name here) he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. At this point SPEECHLESS! Isaiah 52.7 Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. Are you sensing my morning? The Lord was relentless in His love. Unwavering in his commitment. Continued to show me, my place in him. Romans 8:17 If we are his children, we are heirs-co heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may share in his glory. Seriously? We don't just get to share suffering... But glory, too?! No doubt I've been too busy walking in my measure of suffering (some of which I confess to being self-made... And some a result of straight up disobedience) I'd taken my eyes off of Him, and the truth of his word. Less of me, I prayed. Increase in me, Lord, that as your word says I may share in and reflect your glory. And don't you know, at that very moment He brought me round robin, right back to the verse I've been committing to memory since the day a dear friend texted it to me... 2 Corinthians 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the spirit. Wow!! His word IS living and active. His spirit within us IS truly at work in us to finish the good work he began. And we DO continue to grow in his likeness displaying his love and glory for all the world to see. We are blessed indeed. And THAT my friend, was God's answer to me this morning when I asked, "Who am I Lord, that you would be mindful of me?"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my, what a wonderful post, sure makes you want to do everything in your power to please our living God!!! Nice to see you writing I can understand why this could not be silenced.. Thank you