Wednesday, April 11, 2007

NOT A GOOD START TO A LONG TRIP...

Well, I loaded everyone up into the van, assembled the dual screen DVD player so as to hypnotize my children into a quiet trance for hours at a time... and I put my van in drive. (You'd almost think this getting on the road this was a success huh?)

Wouldn't you know, 15 feet later (not even to the end of my very short street) I realized we weren't going ANYWHERE.
The van rumbled, swayed, teetered from side to side awkwardly... and I knew. I KNEW!

The tire was flat.

And I don't mean, low flat... hard to drive flat.... should really make the next stop a repair shop flat... NO! Can't see the bottom, OFF THE RIM, Unable to drive another inch FLAT!!! So I just pulled to the side of the road and called Good Ole Liberty Mutual Insurance. They're sending a quick and efficient team of individuals to replace the tire... in only 1 hour and 50 minutes. AWESOME!

They will fix it I know... but I'm slightly annoyed that I am having to have it fixed. Here's a picture of my morning.

No comments: