Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Confirmation of my Reckoning...




"Up To The Mountain"
(MLK Song)


I went up to the mountain
Because you asked me to
Up over the clouds
To where the sky was blue

I could see all around me
Everywhere
I could see all around me
Everywhere

Sometimes I feel like
I've never been nothing but tired
And I'll be walking
Till the day I expire

Sometimes I lay down
No more can I do
But then I go on again
Because you ask me to

Some days I look down
Afraid I will fall
And though the sun shines
I see nothing at all

Then I hear your sweet voice, oh
Oh, come and then go, come and then go
Telling me softly
You love me so

The peaceful valley
Just over the mountain
The peaceful valley
Few come to know

(I may never get there
Ever in this lifetime
But sooner or later
It's there I will go

Sooner or later
It's there I will go)


PATTY GRIFFIN LYRICS


This only serves as a confirmation of a previous post... MY RECKONING. MLK understood exactly what I don't. He knew how to TRUST God. He knew how to REST in God. He knew how to ABANDON himself recklessly to the will of God. MLK didn't think of himself, his plan, his timing and/or schedule- he FOCUSED on the Lord. How else would he have been able to accomplish all that he did in his time? He truly moved mountains. All because of his ability to relinquish all control to his Master.

I loved Kelly Clarkson's version of this song, DESPITE the fact that FOX, Kelly, and or someone in production CUT the last verse. I've included in it the lyrics above because the end really makes the song. And it serves as a reminder to me of my daily need to surrender myself to God and to follow His every word simply because


HE ASKS ME TO!

No comments: