Thursday, June 7, 2007

MORE converstions with the kids...

And onto the second Kid Conversation of the day...
the star- B-BOY.

So- post breakfast I set up the pool in the backyard as Sandcastle (the Pittsburgh waterpark that we have a membership to) isn't open daily until June 9th..... and I begin SUNBLOCKING the kids. B-boy is always the "You go first" kid. He let his siblings get blocked and start playing outside so that it was just him and me in the dining room.

I tell him, while applying sunblock "It's most important to be sure your neck, shoulders, and cheeks have sunblock." But I continue to block him all over.

I then jokingly say, "Your boobs should be fine." Knowing full well he is going to be embarrassed I used a "girl word" while talking about him.

The exchange then goes as follows-

"I don't have boobs."

"Oh yeah- what are these things here?"

"Ummm... well, ummm... at least mine don't grow!"

To which, I assure you I've lost my composure by this point and am laughing. And I follow with something he doesn't understand but sure made me giggle all the more..

"Oh yeah, well Mommy's didn't grow either until I had you!!" (So inappropriate I know but unavoidable at the time.)

"Huh? So- yours didn't grow till you were a TEENAGER???"

HAVE MERCY BOY!!! Which way do I want to attack this? The fact that I have to admit I really DIDN'T have them when I was a TEENAGER (counseling still required) OR...the fact that my kid thinks I had him when I was a TEENAGER!!!

Needless to say, I let it go at that. I'll let him figure it all out in due time. (Or I'll let his dad deal with him.) Either way,

I'M OFF THE HOOK!!!

No comments: